You must learn to carry your business everywhere you go, that’s why it is a business, it is mobile
Those who properly understand the term business knows that is not restricted to the four walls of an establishment or building,
Business is an open network of transactions and relationships.
Business is what we do, and what we represent.
The modern mobile business era, is one of the important era that has helped in increasing and expanding business growth and development all over the world today, as we have it. The management of business relationships is very important in ensuring the longevity of a business.
If you want to stay in business, manage your relationships properly
In developing business relationships, our credibility must be properly defined, nobody would like to engage in a business where there is no guarantee and credibility
In developing business relationships, our credibility must be properly defined
Building a successful and healthy business relationship, all fall on ones chosen management style, and how much you value clients and partners. Business relationship management is a formal approach to understanding, defining, and supporting inter-business activities related to business networking; the ability to adequately manage business relationships internally and externally helps in boosting productivity and efficiency
Building a better business relationship begins with your understanding that relationships are the driving force for success in business, whether it’s a start-up, SME’s…etc. most entrepreneurs are often carried away with their need to make large profits, sell out their stock at a rapid rate, but don’t pay full attention to maintaining relationships with clients, partners, and customers.
An Entrepreneur or business manager must willingly secure better ways of engaging in long-term relationships with its associates and clients, this is important because sometimes in business tough times would always present itself and as such you need ideas, suggestions, and latest practices that will give you a competitive edge or advantage when driving your business forward, in maintaining relationships whether internally or externally, you must be willing to give, share and support.
Building a successful and healthy business relationships will require you to;
- Listen more than you talk: Everybody wants to create a long lasting impression of themselves to their clients/partners, by showing they know this and that, or have strengths in certain areas of expertise, but being a good listener highlights ones virtues much better than being a big talker, you must really take time to listen and understand your clients perspective, when your clients/ partners senses that you pay attention to details and at the same time get the job done properly, it can absolutely lead to referrals and long term business success.
- Make A Routine: Develop ways that helps you in connecting with your clients/partners easily and efficiently, you can create a database or directory of all your contacts, you could also make use of social platforms such as Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn. etc
- Be Honest and Credible: As a business entrepreneur or manager don’t go beyond what you truly represent, let your Yes be Yes, and your No be No, Clients usually appreciates honesty and that can lay a good foundation for integrity between you and the client.
- Take Notes: As managers or entrepreneurs always learn to keep a detailed note of everyone you meet, you can add keywords to each contact when saving them in your directory or list of contacts E.g. Mr. Anderson ” Consultant, McKinsey”. Doing contact mining on your list of contacts is one of the best ways of maintaining long lasting business relationships.
- Give More Than You Receive: Make it a necessity to always contact people/clients/partners when you don’t directly need their service at that point “take time to learn more about their business, take a minute to understand your client’s dream and provide opportunities for them to fulfill it, you can refer them to someone that could help them, and it will be much appreciated by the client, and they will realize you are truly looking out for them
- Be Proactive: Using your journal and the knowledge of your relationships, you can forward articles, News, or Reports that you think might be of interest and relevant to the the other party/client. do it everyday and the care and feeding of your network will be alive and well.
- Turn Blunders into Opportunities: Admitting ones own mistakes will take you far when it comes to building relationships, says William Gregory, people just want to know you are sorry and that you have a plan for getting back on track, when a mistake is more than a minor setback, do something to make it right or otherwise provide value to the wronged party.
- Meet Face to Face: You can invite your contacts to an event that you would both enjoy or even a cocktail; you will naturally deepen the relationship and get to know each other better, you could also make plans to join someone at a networking event.
In doing all these you must intelligently know how to maintain relationships, and also have some knowledge of emotional intelligence,
Maintaining lasting business relationships will require you to be;
- Constantly Updated
- Open-Minded, and
Business extends beyond the four walls of a building. it is what makes your business expands its scope and reach and it is called business relationship, so instead of worrying so much about the loopholes in your business, start building a strong and healthy business relationship so your business can remain stronger and even better.